In this module, students will:
- Understand the relevancy of toxin and nutrient absorbance to understand the physiology of animals.
- Use scientific practices to quantify and compare toxin absorbance by animals.
- Understand how the environment and animal morphology influences the physiological process of absorption.
- Archive digital data on toxin absorbance by your animal for future iteration, collaboration and discovery.
Coumarins and Phenolics
- Lab 4: Absorption
- Lab 4 Supply List
- Guide: Analyzing Standard Curve and
- Dilution Data
- Guide: Phenolics Plate Template
- Image: Phenolic Plate Labeled Standards
- Spreadsheet: Analyzing Standard Curve and Dilution Data
- Spreadsheet: Analyzing Standard Curve and Dilution Data (Instructor’s Key)
- Lab: Using a Standard Curve to Quantify Unknowns
- Lab Supply List
- Lab: Radial Diffusion Tannin Assay Protocol
- Protocol: Tannin Assay Agar Recipe (Radial Diffusion Assay)
- Spreadsheet: Tannins Data Analysis (Example)
- Coumarins and possibly tannins may be available via kit to make agar petri dishes
- Graduate students are available to assist in teaching this lab remotely. Depending on travel and availability, they may be able to teach in person
Boise State University
View All Labs