The aim of this module is to catalog and observe behavioral foraging patterns in bears using a key-logging program (BORIS). This project and ethogram are based on a 2009 article found in The Journal of Mammalogy.
This module has been used in BSU's Mammalogy (ZOOL 421) course.
- Video: BORIS walkthrough
- Image: Bear6_example_durgraph.png
- Image: Bear6_example_occplot.png
- Image: Bear6_example_plot.png
- Spreadsheet: Bear6_example_results
- BORIS project file: Bears Salmon Forage.boris
- Lab 1: BORIS Mammalogy Lab
- Lab 2: BORIS Carnivore Forage module
- Presentation: ForageLabIntro
- Video currently requires a Boise State login. If you use this module, arrangements will be made for you to access them.
- Please contact the project PI or the GEM3 PUI Liaison for assistance in deploying this module in your course.
View All Labs