In this module, students will:
- Understand the relevancy of temperature to understand the physiology of animals.
- Use scientific practices to quantify and compare how morphology influences thermal exchange with the environment.
- Understand how the environment and animal morphology influences the physiological process of thermal balance and exchange.
- Develop protocols for future iteration, collaboration and discovery of thermal balance in animals.
- Lab 5: Thermal Exchange
- Lab 5 Supply List
- Guide: Skinning Birds Resources (websites)
- For remote labs, at-home items (animal skins or simulated materials, ice bath / hot water bath, thermometer) or small kits may be used.
- Graduate students are available to assist in teaching this lab remotely. Depending on travel and availability, they may be able to teach in person.